February 24, 2007
When I got up (tried to) Thursday morning, my legs were not at all happy with me. They were screaming "You hike us up 90 miles to a volcano and then climb 910 steps and expect us to work the next day? Dreamer!" I will have to say that I was very sore. So if you were thinking I was in pretty good shape, the joke is on you. But I would not have missed Wednesday' experience.
So here we are in Las Vegas. It has changed a whole bunch since we drove thru here 18 years ago! And that is understating it! We got here early afternoon, so we went walking down "the strip". My legs and feet were not screaming after that 2 hours, they were whimpering. Again it was worth it. Good thing hotels don't run out of hot water, because I guarantee I stood in that shower for a while!
The buildings here are amazing. And the landscaping is indescribable! Don has taken a ton of photos. Unfortunately we have picked the windest days of the year to be here, so few of the outdoor shows are being done. No volcano, no pirate fight, no dancing waters. Such is life. It is stil pretty amazing..
Today we bought a bus pass. Still did a fair bit of walking, but it sure was nice to catch a bus whenever we felt like it. There is just so much going on here, it is hard to describe and definitely hard to get around to doing very much of it. We really enjoyed the Flamingo wild bird habitat. It is really beautiful and such a variety of tropical birds,wow. Beautiful waterfalls and scenery. Then we were at the conservatory at the Bellagio. Mercy! They have these huge statutes of oriental children ane all the clothing is made of flowers. We got pictures of an employee "dressing" one of them. Since it is the year of the pig, they have this really big pig whose ears and snout move. Got Don's photo next to that one. And the mirrored horse in the lobby is really sparkling. Tonite we did take the bus to Fremont Street in old Las Vegas. A very interesting experience.> Guess that is about it, if I think of more you will hear about it (just don't tell me you hit delete without even reading it).
Tomorrow afternoon we head for Williams AZ and our Grand Canyon adventure.
Thanks for being such good friends and family.
We love you. God Bless,
Don and Pat
No comments:
Post a Comment