Sunday, April 25, 2010

No Wonder

I am getting complaints! January, for pete's sake! Nobody should take such a long hiatus. Oh well, guess I did. Thank you to those who are still checking!!
Now, Feb was not such a great month. TM and I both had respiratory problems. Being the overachiever that I am - I had strep and bronchitis. TM had plenty of congestion and coughing. We went to a walk-in clinic where we were treated well; but still went to our FL GP later.
TM has been having terrible headaches. The GP put him on blood pressure, as his symptoms commonly indicate hypertension. But he also sent TM for tests and to a neurologist. After a sleep study. it was determined that he has Central Sleep Apnea. Being the uncommon person that he is, TM naturally has the least common of sleep apneas. Most sleep apnea is the obstructive type, but he has the brain type!! Yep, his brain is really getting forgetful. Central sleep apnea means the brain takes a break every so often and forgets to remind the rest of the body to breathe. Kinda hard on the whole body, dontcha think? He stopped breathing 75 times in 1 hr., once for a full minute. So now he is on an ASV CPAP and it seems to be helping. It is hard to really know since we are in Knoxville at Apryl's so not sleeping on our own bed. Most of you probably have the same problem of adjusting to a strange bed.
We came to Knoxville on 4/15 and will be staying until May 12, Lord willing (and we don't drive the kids crazy before then.)
This is just the first update as I try to get every thing in. Next you get to read about my knee surgery. Can you stand the suspense?!?!
God Bless

No comments: