Well, after our day on the railroad you would think we would take a day off. But n-o we must find more to do.
After sitting all day on the train what better way to be more active, than rafting? The Animas river at Durango doesn’t seem too rough, so we decided to take the 2-hr trip. It was so much fun! In our raft was a man with his 8-yr-old grandson, Gabe. Watching Gabe was worth the trip! We managed to dump him overboard once. He had hold of the bow line and came up laughing.
It was really more of a float trip since we were right about the Animas. I guess we went through 3 or 4 sets of what they call rapids. I barely got wet, except for my feet. The water was cold.
In deciding how to dress, we both decided on long sleeves and shorts. If you know me then you know I don’t wear shorts. Luckily, when I had the knee surgery, I had chopped off a pair of my slacks, so I had pseudo-shorts. I knew if I wore long pants, they would get wet around the hems and be very uncomfortable-esp. on the scooter.
So after 2 hrs in the sun, my knees were red. Never painful, bur red all the same. Just glad we didn’t do an all day trip.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment