Monday, April 11, 2011

Lightning Update

Well, the people at Allstate are becoming old friends. We just keep finding stuff. No adjuster has been out. Seems they don't have a database for this type of claim, i.e. they don't know what they are doing, so asked us to get an estimate and fax to them. We had a man come on Friday who, presumably, does this for a living. What a waste of time. TM wasn't home when he came so I was telling him what we had found. He sort of brushed me off, especially about the wiring; but I just figured, oh, well, I am a woman after all, what do I know? Well, he was much the same way with TM when he got home. I mean this guy barely looked at anything except the thermostat and the a/c fan. He did not leave either of us feeling confident about what sort of job he might do.
Thus, we have decided to take the trailer to TN and put it in the shop while we stay with Apryl. (Hope TM has told her that.) See what develops.
TM got up on the roof and, guess what, looks like some lightning actually hit our antenna. No wonder everything in that slide is fried. We are most likely blessed that there was no fire.
As far as the contents the trailer, we have been told to replace the TV, amplifier, computer, etc. and send the receipts to Allstate. They will most likely pro-rate and then pay us. At least that's what we are told. The poor lady that I talked to initially kept trying to tell me that stuff would be on my homeowners policy. I told her I was sitting there looking at the policy on the trailer and it specifically said "Contents covered up to $$$". She was confused and finally said she would talk with her manager and see what they could do. TM was on the phone to our agent asap, and within 10 minutes we had a call from the claim center.
Sure will be glad when this is all finished. Still 10 more days til we leave here and it has been hot, hot, hot! Hardly anyone left here in the park, either.
That's the update. We are doing fine and things are calming down somewhat.
God Bless

No comments: