This is a slow connection, but I am trying.
Thanks to anyone who is still checking this blog. I know it has been a long time and I appreciate your loyalty!
I can't remember where I was, but I think we were on the way home from Gettysburg. Did I say that we stopped in Staunton, VA at the same hotel where we stayed when Tim and Abby got married? We had called Lance & Norma about getting together, but didn't hear from them. Later traveling man talked to Lance and they were in Roanoke babysitting for their newest granddaughter, Allie, Tim & Abby's little girl.
We got back to Knoxville and rested just a bit before heading out on Sat, 9/15 for Greeneville for the Bowman (Traveling man's mom's family) reunion. It was another nice, warm day. Apryl & Jeremy were with us and we stopped first at the fairgrounds for the antique tractor thingie. Some of the tractors were not antiques, for they were not even as old as us! (We are not antiques, just well aged)
It was indeed a perfect day for the reunion and we had a large number of people there.
There were also many who could not come because of school, so we are looking at a different time next year. I am hoping Sheila and family will make it.
The next week I worked at Dale Carnegie for a couple of days plus my gift shop time. It was really busy. Especially since we decided to have a garage sale - (ok, carport, since we don't have a garage) - on Saturday.
So, as usual, the house is tornado alley. We did manage to get a bunch of stuff out for the sale. We even made pretty good money and got rid of much stuff. Around 6p, a man came back to the house to pick up something he couldn't get in his truck earlier. He looked around at what was left and asked TM how much he wanted for all of it. TM named a price, the guy paid it, and they loaded his truck. Too bad I had already brought some stuff back in the house! We will either have another sale in Nov, or donate the stuff.
The following week was hectic again. We are not able to get the rig up to our house (road is just too narrow), so we parked it in the Laurel Church parking lot. That is much closer to our house than M-I-L's for toting stuff over.
We gave tours on Wed. night after classes! Well, we did have a couple of people interested in looking at the trailer. Didn't even charge admission, is that nice or what?
Anyway, we moved stuff until late Sat. night, while still leaving enough in the house so we can live there too. We left early on Sunday morning (9/30) for Aberdeen, NC. and camping at Sycamore Lodge campground.
Oh, forgot. Brenda's birthday was 9/27, so I baked her the coconut pie she wanted. I gave it to her on 9/26 when we had lunch because I knew she would be at a meeting on her birthday.
More later about the camping trip - our "Maiden Voyage".
God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment