Sunday, October 7, 2007

Vacate

Traveling Man decided that Wed. would be his vacation day - he would just plain vacate. After taking Traveling Dog for a walk (while I stayed in bed asleep), he rested until I got up. Then he wanted to just roam the campground, see the lake, find the pull-thru rv slots, etc. So we fired up the golf cart that Country Joe had left with us and took off. That thing was really fun. Yes we took TD and he was in heaven! He just pranced along beside that cart like he was king of the world. Of course he had to stay just a little ahead of it. Occasionally he would get to looking around and we would have to draw his attention back before we ran over him (like that would happen at 5mph)!
I told you we had met the people one slot down from ours? They are Larry and Fran from Pittsburg. Well, after lunch, Larry and TM took the cart and went to play horseshoes. Long time since TM played that little game. He lost, but made Larry work for the win.
I had just settled down with my book when Fran knocked on the door and wanted me to go to the pool with her. So, I grabbed my hat and went. (notice I didn't mention swimsuit). The water was far too cold for Fran but the hot tub felt good. I sat there with my feet dangling in the hot tub. I didn't want to get out when the time came and I am not sure if it was because the water felt so good or because I was afraid I couldn't get up. I did manage to get up by using the stair rail - and I did not fall in! Anyway we spent about an hour or so just talking and learning about each other. They are a really nice couple. He is a retired teacher and she is not retired yet, but will soon. We exchanged e-mail addys and I hope to keep up with them and see them again some time.
Traveling Man fixed steaks for dinner and we mostly just lazed around. Well we did do some packing up to get ready to leave in the morning. We would love to have been outside talking with people, but the bugs had gotten really bad.
And that is about it.
We got up, packed up, unhooked and hit the road. Country Joe picked up the golf cart so we didn't have to deliver that. We got out around 11a and had an uneventful trip home.
Traveling Dog seems to have settled down some since we are back at the house. But I think he still wonders why stuff keeps disappearing. Today we got rid of the dining room table and chairs. It is TV trays for us until we actually get moved.
God Bless and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As long as it has good food on it, TV trays work just fine ;)

It is wonderful to read of y'all's adventures. Hmmm, I wonder if it is legal to use 2 apostrophes in one word. Must be, the grammer police haven't shown up yet!

Thanks for writing the blog and sharing.

Love and hugs :)