Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rest of the Week

Pretty uneventful. Monday we drove to the Villages. I had an appointment at Miracle Ear. When I was in about 10 days ago, he suggested that I come in for a hearing test to be sure my hearing aid was doing as it should. Well, I think I was in there maybe 5 minutes. All he did was take my hearing aid to test it and then try and sell me a new one. I was not impressed. So I will wait til I get back to Knoxville and see Gary Weaver there at Sears.
We stopped for lunch at a restaurant near the campground and had really wonderful salads. A pleasant surprise. In fact the waitress said ours looked so good, she ordered her one. When we got the check, we were only charged for 1 salad and had a discount at that! Naturally we brought it to her attention. Right, it was her ticket.
Wednesday, I went scrapbooking again. It was fun as always. Don then met the rest of us for lunch. Mexican food this week.
Friday we were meeting at my sisters for some scrapbooking, but she had to cancel. She has a touch of the flu and feeling miserable. they gave her some good drugs, so she was planning to sleep.
On Thursday night, I went to Leesburg for Ladies Night Out with a group from the church. I met some new people and had a great time. TM had given me a new route to Leesburg and I was a bit apprehensive, as I am "direction challenged", but I made it just fine.
Saturday was the annual "pig pickin" here at Bee's. TM went down early and helped with the preparation. Then we both went and helped serve. It was fun. The barbeque was very good. The man who cooked the pig had his own recipe for the sauce he put on it. Yum.
We can hardly believe it is less than 2 weeks before we leave this area and head toward the panhandle. The time has just flown. We would love to stay longer, but the hassle of changing all those reservations is too much for us.

God Bless

No comments: