Saturday, March 15, 2008

A bit more

Wednesday we went to Fort Fanning Park. What a beautiful, restful place with a nice walking, biking, rollerblading trail. There is nothing left of the fort, as it was a wooden fort during the second Seminole war, 1834 - 1838. It was only recently finished. I hope someday they will erect signs with more information.
There is a place along the highway the advertises "We buy and sell most anything" so naturally, TM had to go inside. Mostly is is building stuff, tile, flooring, tools, nails, all that sort of thing; but we had fun looking.
Wednesday night was Bible class. Again the people were so very nice, plus having a good class.
Thursday morning we took a walk out to the river via the boardwalk. The water has really gone down since our first trip out there. TD seems to have gotten used to the boardwalk. Plus there were people there that just made over him, petted him, talked sweet to him. Being a brave little doggie, he "put up with it".
Thursday afternoon we went and looked at another campground, which proved to be very nice. We had some other errands planned, but realized we had forgotten about the ice cream social! How did that happen? We raced back and got there just as they started dishing up ice cream - whew! There are some things we don't mind missing, but ice cream social is not one of them. Nice visit with lots of good folks.
Friday morning it was raining. I sure hope raining on the day we leave doesn't get to be a habit. This was a slow rain, so not too bad. As I was trying to finish up in the trailer so the slides could go in, TD was "dogging" my steps. I mean, if my foot moved, all four of his did. (worse than a kid). I finally relented and put him in the car so I could finish without killing one of us. When I opened the trailer door, he was at that car like a shot, could hardly wait for me to open the car door.
The trip went fine as we encountered only a little rain, but no storms. The was, however, a lot of wind, so we had to stop and reposition the kayaks to keep them from bouncing.
Sunset King is a nice campground. It is set up differently that others we have been in and we like the set-up. (Ice cream social is Monday).
So here we are Saturday, ready to do a little grocery shopping. And looking forward to seeing our friends Doug and Glo this afternoon.
God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, if you work this right, you could have 2 or 3 ice cream socials each week!!! Where are you now?

Love,
Mellan :)

Cindy said...

Sounds like you guys are having a grand time!! I just found your blog - we have the same backdrop!! Hope all is well.