We slept in a bit on Saturday since it was gray and misty outside. We went to Fernandina Beach late morning. We were looking for a restaurant Chip (my brother) had told us about. He said it was in a gas station. Well, if I had not looked on the net and
found an address, we would not have found the place. It is a gas station and there is no indication on the outside that there is a restaurant there. Chip said it was low on ambiance (sp?) and he couldn't be more right. But the people are so nice and friendly that you don't even notice. There are about 5 tables and 5 stools at the counter Those tables are surely left over from the 50's, as is the floor covering. The restaurant closed at 1:00 and we walked in about 2 minutes before and they were happy to wait on us anyway. I am so glad they were! The food was fabulous. TM had shrimp that was so good, I was really lucky to get one. My grouper sandwich was mouth-watering. If you are ever in Fernandina Beach, FL, I highly recommend T Ray's!
Sunday, we went to church services in Kingsland. The people there were just as friendly and welcoming as they were last year. It was good to be there.
God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment