New Years Eve day we into Clermont for scrapbooking and lunch. Mellan had her granddaughter Amanda and her neighbor Kaylee with her. Kaylee is a teenager who likes to scrapbook. She showed us some cute things she made using the computer. Amanda, who is 8, is the bouncy sort and nothing seems to hold her attention very long. Of course that could be because there is always something going on at The Plaster Cottage and it all looks like fun. She did a kittycat plaque that turned out really cute. Kaylee helped her a little.
We got home about 3:30p and had a little time to rest before Wednesday night service. We had mostly a singing service and a nice devotional. Naturally talking about the new year. Afterwards we went with a group to Fazoli's. The preacher, whose wife and daughter were out of town joined us. The preacher, Chad, is like me - an avid indoorsman. He just received "The Barnabas Factor" by Aubrey Johnson and I am hoping I can borrow it when he has read it.
We got hope about 9-9:30 and were both too full to go to bed. No laying down for TM at that point. Consequently, we were awake as the new year arrived. We slipped into bed about, well, midnight.
New Years Day we drove to Tampa. Jeremy bought a motorcycle stand off e-bay and we went to pick it up. We thought we might have a little time to see some of the sights, til we realized that the Outback Bowl was being played. So much for that idea. We took the long route by going to Peace River and checking out a campground there. It is really nice, but way too far from everything for us. (We are far enough now). We did stumble across a railroad museum in Pariss. Of course it wasn't open; only open on weekends. We did see some of the rolling stock and got the web site. I'm sure we will be going back one Saturday soon.
After lunch (yes we had some black-eyed peas), we went and got the stand. Managed to wake the people up - they partied hearty the night before. Then it was home before dark.
Oh, I made my last splurge of the year a pedicure on 29th. A place in a strip mall across from Walmart. I figured for $20.00 I would get a "bare bones" treatment. I got a leg scrub and massage, she put parrafin on my feet, and the massage chair was great on my back. Won't be the last time I go there, believe me. Of course, by Wed. it was too cool for me to wear my sandals and show off my toes!
That's about it for now.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment