Sunday, March 15, 2009

Still Silly

Ok, next morning, I am eating a scone and TD comes sniffing around.  I held out a piece and he actually took it.   You guessed, he buried it in his bed.  So when TM took him for a walk, I got the scone out of the bed and threw it away.  Didn't want a lot of crumbs.  Well, when he came back, he started looking for it!  He moved his bed all around and even looked under the couch.  I don't think he guessed who took it.
Thursday started off good for me, as I made my follow-up visit to the ear doc.  The ear is all dried out and the infection gone (cross your fingers).  The small hole is still in the eardrum, but he doesn't think it will affect the hearing at all.  If it does, we are looking a surgery to rebuild the eardrum.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  I am wearing the hearing aid again. :)
Later I picked up Lesly, the preacher's wife, and we went to lunch.  there is a tea room not far away called Lavender and Lace.  Quite a pretty place.  The food was excellent.  We spend a lot of time talking and finding out more about each other.  Guess we were together about 3 hours and enjoyed every minute of it.
Friday, I am getting ready to go to excerise when the phone rings and the church secretary wants to know when I will be there to help with the cooking.  Say what?  I thought I was supposed to come in at noon and pull pork.  I thought wrong.  I left right away, stopped at the store for onions and was at the building by 10a.  Immediately started cooking hamburger for tacos.  We got the taco meat done, then went to lunch.  First time I have been to Boston Market and the food was good.  Lacks a little on atmosphere.  When we came back, Lesly and TM were there to help us pull pork.  That meat sure was hot!  But that is the best time to pull.  After we finished all the meat and packed everything up to transport to the site for the church retreat, I was bushed.   At least I got to go home for an hour or so and rest before heading out to the retreat.  It was a good evening and everyone liked the bar-b-q.  And there was plenty of food.
better go now, will catch up on the rest of the retreat later.]
God Bless

No comments: