So I haven't finished my hospital stay, etc. But willing to answer any questions you might have. The thing is I never really got to feeling good, just tolerable.
Then Saturday the big one hit. Can you believe strep throat? Sat. night was bad. Took my pain pills (which I needed anyway) and did some sleeping. TM went to play cards and I watched a short movie. Unable to concentrate on anything and with words blurring, I turned off the light and slept in my chair. And I mean I slept deep. Woke up thinking how late is he going to be? only to find it wasn't yet 10pm. TM got home about 10:15 and put me to bed. I did manage to sleep most of the night, but knew I was running a fever. Sunday morning was worse yet, could barely swallow and temp at 101. Called the doctors service and asked for antibiotics. The operator was a ditz for sure. I told her my story and then she asked what message I would like to leave. I said I just told you. Anyway I figured it was a lost cause and began looking for walk-in clinics open on Sun. Amazingly I did get a call back and was able to tell the PA what was happening. He was a bit skeptical until I mentioned the fever. Immediately he said he would call in the script. When Walgreens finally figured out they had received it, was able to pick it up before noon. Took all 4 doses between noon and 8pm. Around 11-11:30 my fever broke and I felt pretty human. It has been getting better daily as I continue to take the antibiotic.
Went in today and had my staples and stitches taken out and had an xray of my new knee. All went well and I have few restrictions now. Got to keep up the therapy probably 6 more weeks; but in-home therapy only another week. Then outpatient therapy. We just have to decide about finding a place here in town or going to Celebration 3 times a week. It would be more convenient to stay in the Winter Haven area, but Celebration has such a great facility.
Was able to go to class tonight, but came straight home as knee was starting to stiffen.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment