From my last post, let me make one thing clear, TM did not leave me when I was so sick. I urged him to go play cards and neither of us realized how my temp was going to spike nor how bad I would feel. Please, he has been taking wonderful care of me and would never have left the house if we had known then what we know now. I am so, so blessed to have him. I thank God daily for my traveling man.
That said, we will move on to torture. Tony (therapist) has been pushing me to do more reps of each exercise. I am ok at the beginning, but by the time I get 4 or 5 different ones done, I am spent. Those last couple are not only the hardest, but I am already in pain, etc. when I start. One is the flexation exercise and I did get to 120 degrees, which should be my goal, but it was not at all comfortable. Still can't get full extension, so I guess it is time to concentrate on that for a while.
Traveling dog is much happier now that we don't have the walker in the house. The cane doesn't bother him at all. At first he looked at it kind of funny, but I just walked around like it was natural, not teasing him with it or anything, and he settled right down. He does wish he could get closer to me. I am nested here in the corner and it is not easy for him to get close, and he certainly cannot lay down next to me.
I have been able to get back to my beads a bit - 45 minutes or so at a time. So many patterns and so little time. TD can get closer to me when I am at the table doing that work and he likes that.
1 week now I have stayed healthy, no little setbacks (like strep). Thank you, my God for your care. Thank you my friends for your prayer.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment