Thursday, March 22, 2012

March marches on

And I am way behind in my blogging.
On Saturday, 3/10, Michael and Sheila drove over to visit and finally see the new trailer. Michael also worked on our internet router and stuff. Made a difference. We took them to Andrea's Restaurant for Greek food. We all enjoyed the day.
On Saturday, 3/17, we drove to Merritt Island to spend even more time with them. We ate at Milliken's Reef and had wonderful seafood and sweet potato fries. Yum. Then the men went back to the house and Sheila and I went shopping. Thrift shopping that is. Had a good time. I got 3 blouses and a pair of slacks. For Don I got a pair of slack, shorts, and 3 shirts. With all that, I spent less than $20. Sheila got some good deals for her and Michael also.
Early in the month, Michelle was home for break. She was here such a short time we didn't even get to see her. Should not feel bad, Sheila didn't get to see her either. Sheila was in a class in Texas. But Sheila will be in DC in a week or so and get to see her then. Michelle is doing her work/study with the DA office there.
The other exciting thing was our truck having a little snitfit and quitting. We were in Haines City going to pick up my records from the cardiologist. As we left a red light, Don said we have a problem. I'm just sitting there without a clue, when I saw him struggling to turn the wheel. Right, no power steering and no power breaks. Thank goodness for our Good Sam membership. We quickly had a tow truck to take it to the Dodge dealer. Our water pump had quit making the belt slip off and Dodge could get it fixed the next day. So they let Don drive a new 2011 truck home. Yep, we now have a new 2011 truck. They gave us a good trade and a good price. It really was time to trade as we had nearly 62,000 miles on it. And most of that was pulling a heavy trailer.
So here we are with a new truck a new trailer and a new dog. Guess I really need to update the pics on this blog. However since I have a new computer, I don't have access those pics yet.
God Bless

No comments: