Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mid week

Sunday was a great day for us. The new preacher gave a good sermon, the Bible class was interesting, and the sun was shining. The best part of the day was lunch with Apryl and Jeremy. We went to Calhoon's Barbque and celebrated Father's day and Jeremy's birthday. We were only a week late on the birthday, but Jeremy went biking last week. Apryl gave her dad some Oreo's. Big surprise there, huh? But they were different, they had strawberry cream inside and were very good. He ate them pretty fast, but did give me a few.

Sunday night study was really different. We sat at tables and listened to the preacher do the intro for our discussion. Each table had a sign at each seat to try and get a mix of age groups. Like "college student", "20 to 40", "40 to 60", "over 60". I sat down in a space marked 20 to 40, but can you believe Don changed the sign? Just moved that over 60 marker to where I was sitting. He didn't say so but I am sure he thought no one would believe I am under 40. Come on, I drank from the Fountain of Youth! Our topic was "Preparing for Growth at Laurel." Got some good ideas.

Monday was work, but I only addressed a few envelopes, yea! I did checks and computer work. I intended to go home and get some stuff done around the house. You know what they say about good intentions - they lead straight to the couch for a nap! I was just sitting reading and nodding off occasionally, when Don (bless him) reminded me I needed to be at the gift shop. Yike! How could I forget? And I totally had forgotten. I got there in plenty of time, but I left my cell phone on the couch. Thanks everyone for not calling at that time. At the hospital we get free dinner in the cafeteria, so I had dinner with Heather and Heather. Heather1 works at the information desk and we have been friends for several years now. Heather2 is a college student working the ER for the summer. Heather2 had been to Bonnaroo over the weekend. Wohoo! she was tired. She said they didn't go to bed until 2 or 3 in the morning, but couldn't sleep late. Seems they were in a tent and once the sun came up it got really hot in there. The Heathers were talking about the different bands that played and which ones Heather2 liked the best. Of course I had no clue - I will just leave it at that. Although I did know what she was talking about when she said she saw The Police do their 1st concert in 23 years. Really sounds like more fun than I could stand since I am "over 60"!

By the way, business was so slow that Barbara and I spent the whole evening just talking. So if you had any problems, not to worry, we solved them Monday night!! ;)

Tuesday, I was back at the gift shop as a fill-in for a few hours. It was busier than the night before but not much. It was feast or famine. I either had 4 people in line or nobody in the shop.

At 2p, I went to the reception for the retiring president of Children's, Bob Koppel. He had been there 31 years and has done an amazing job. Our new president has big shoes to fill, but I am confident he can do it.

Tuesday evening I got a great surprise. You know I had no volunteers to teach class this Wed. night, so I was trying to come up with a lesson. I got a call from one of our class members saying she would do the lesson. Yipee! She is a wonderful Christian lady. She did a great job on the lesson. It dealt with the 25 most inspiring passages in the Bible. We had good discussion on that. I was surprised that none of the passages were from James. But then I did not write the list.
I would love to get some comments telling me what you find the most inspiring or encouraging passage in the Bible.
That wraps it up for now. I love you all ((Hugs))

No comments: