Saturday, June 16, 2007

This week in my world

I know most of you have been just hanging waiting for the next update - right!

Wednesday was a good day. Brenda and I managed to have lunch despite the Inventory Sale. Since she had been at work since 7am (it was not 11am), she was hungry so we had to have dessert. Chocolate cake and ice cream. I forced myself to help her eat it. Helen and I were busy in the gift shop, but I did get a chance to run over to the inventory sale. Bought a $3 CD - making their day a huge success.

Wednesday night class was good. Since I was not teaching, I did not sit in my usual place. Believe me everybody commented. Sherry brought a wonderful lesson on fathers. she used a number of scriptures showing God as our Father and Him taking care of His children. She asked for memories of other people's fathers and/or grandfathers. When she talked of her own grandfather you could see the love and respect she had for him. The ladies were not talking very much until close to the end of class, but they did get going. One thing that was mentioned was that the closer you were to your father, the more likely that you call him Daddy all your life.

Nobody volunteered to lead the class next week, so I guess I will be in my usual seat. Any suggestions for a good lesson.

Thursday I was indeed addressing envelopes again. I was the only one in the office, so I made a quick trip to the library (1 block) and got a book on CD to listen to. Thank goodness I had one on hold! Very quiet day.

Friday we went to Greeneville, TN. We took Mrs. Chandler up to see her brother, Jack and wife, Sara. First we stopped at the Greeneville Iron Works to see her other brother, Willis, who wasn't there. But we did see Aunt Barbara and their daughter Lisa. It was nice to talk to them since it had been some time since I had seen them. Lisa just built a house and is trying to get moved in with her husband and 2 boys. Meanwhile her sister, Cindy, is waiting anxiously for them to get out of the house they are in so she can move in there. Hope you are confused now. Then we went out to Jack and Sara's and to lunch at Ma & Pa's restaurant. As we entered there was Aunt Covey, Mrs. Chandler's sister. She had just had lunch with their niece, June. We couldn't get them to stay and have anything with us, but it was good to see them. After lunch we had to break up a family fight between Uncle Jack and Mrs. Chandler over who was going to pay the bill. Uncle Jack won. After visiting for a couple of hours we came on back to Knoxville. We went thru the Houston Valley to Newport. Man, that little valley has really grown up. Too many houses.

On Wed. afternoon Mary Lynn (cousin as opposed to Mary Ann, granddaughter) called me to chat. We had a short chat before I had to start work at the gift shop. What is really wierd is that I had planned to call her when I got done there. So, I did call her to continue the chat. We talked for quite some time. She is quite a lady. I didn't really realize all the stuff she has contended with since her transplant.

No comments: