Sunday, October 14, 2007

Light

I think we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! We have gotten a lot out of the house. Some of it in the trailer, some tossed and some given away.

Our goal is to get all our stuff out by Wed. except for the kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, clothing, and water bed. Then it will be up to Sheila and Apryl to come get their stuff.

We had hoped to take Sheila's to her, but just don't have the time for the trip. Don decided (finally) that he is too mellow (you know, well aged) to make that flying trip

Tomorrow, Mon., we are planning to meet Cecil and give him Evelyn's stuff. Luckily that is close by and can be done quickly.

Yesterday we took a bunch over to the trailer. Of course most of it has not been put away, but I can do that when we get back from MO. Doesn't that sound like fun? Actually, it does sound more fun than still having to cart it over there and put it away.

Don says we are going to have to stop soon, as we are reaching our weight limit. Eek, here come the decisions of which I'd rather have. Do you supppose I have anything that will float, so it doesn't add to the weight? I didn't think so. Wonder if I could tie some books to balloons? Of course, that is likely to do damage as we travel. Looks like there is no way out of those decisions. If you think of one, let me know ASAP.

We have Cleo this week. Apryl & Jeremy have gone to the southwest for vacation. She is not at all sure about what is going on (but neither is Nick), but she settled down pretty quickly. She only went 1 day without eating (and she is making up for it now). She likes to sit on the couch next to me and see how much white hair she can get on my trousers!

I have still been able to work my hours at the gift shop. Friday was a very busy day. But, my boss did get the shot nurse to come by and give me my flu shot. Don had to get his at Walgreens since we will be gone when ETCH is doing shots for families of volunteers and employees. I am just glad he got it. Walgreens was cheaper than making a doctor appt. and going there.
Well, I best get moving and see what else I can get done.

God Bless

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You didn't tell me that she went a day w/o eating...poor little girl! We like that she lost a little bit of weight while we were gone (and we gained it). We're keeping her on a strict diet in hopes of getting her below 35lbs...she's a bit confused by it, but is super happy that we're home so she forgives us for "forgetting" to give her so many treats=)
Love the zoo pics!

Neva said...

Pat,
Thank you so much for stopping by dancing in the light. I hope to see you again. I enjoyed your site very much! You are living my husband's dream. He has always wanted to RV. If y'all are ever in North Platte, NE, stop by, would love to meet you.
Peace
Neva

lisacarol said...

Pat,
Thanks for writing on my blog and for your sweet words. About the song, I'm going to try to figure out how to attach my song to the blog. I am working on a whole CD...I'll put the info on my blog when it gets finished. I'm very honored that you have followed along with me. Thanks so much for your encouraging words.
May the Lord bless you!
Lisa