but still far too long since I posted. It has been a very quiet week. On Tuesday, traveling man, traveling dog, dd#1 and dgd#1 all traveled to Knoxville. They were going to bring some stuff back that we had saved for dd#1. She had a Ford Edge (she had rented) and was able to pack nearly everything in it. I was pretty surprised that it all went in, but glad it did. TM drove back in our Mazda. So now we have the truck, the camper and the Mazda here in FL.
I was home for 3 days all alone. I watched maybe 4 or 5 movies (thanks, sis) and generally lazed around. The 3rd day, I didn't let myself start any movies because I felt like I should do something around here. Knowing we were moving the next day after TM got back, I tried to pack up what I could - you know, the stuff that would float or fall around and the stuff that has to be moved in order for the slides to close. Somehow, I just felt that the ceramic Christmas tree should be put in the box rather than riding on a table. See how perceptive I am?
So we have moved 35 miles away into Bee's Campground and we will be here 2 weeks. It is nice that it is so much closer to my sister and to Merritt Island. Bee's is more crowded that 3 flags was, but not obnoxiously so. We have paid for cable TV which is a nice perk and not too expensive. We may pay for wi-fi, but haven't decided if we should spoil ourselves that much.
Had the same trouble with traveling dog as we have had when moving. He was actually not doing too bad in the trailer, but of course we had to move him out when we started closing the slides. He was very happy to go into the truck. Well, then TM had to back the truck to hitch up, so we decided TD would be happy in the Mazda. Humpf, he still wasn't getting out of the truck. Even when TM told him to "heel", he did it very slowly and came slinking to him. But then he saw me calling him to the Mazda. He was happy again and came running and hopped into that car. Nobody had to tell him what to do. If I had slammed the door suddenly, he probably would have knocked himself out :) But you know I couldn't be mean like that.
That's about it. Today is overcast and pretty cool - in the 60's, so I think we will stretch out and maybe watch more movies.
Oh, yeah there is a restaurant on the campground and we went this morning for breakfast. It was yummy. They are only opened Sat. mornings, Tues. nights and Fri. nights. This week and next they will not be open Tues. because of the holidays. We hope to try the all you can eat fish on Friday.
Merry Christmas and God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment