I am so-o-o far behind that I will start writing in parts until I catch up. Left all of you dangling on the first of the month - I just know you have been waiting with baited breath! Your bait has worked, here I am.
Tuesday was another rainy day, so we did get out and do a little shopping. Trust me our shopping mostly consists of looking. With the price of fuel, more of our money goes into the automobiles.
On Wednesday, we actually did go to the Hank Williams Museum. We got started at our usual early hour - around 11 am. Hey, it is before noon, right!
We found that getting into downtown Montgomery was a lot easier that we had expected. From where we were camped it is a straight shot with no interstates involved! Yes! That means little traffic. We passed by some nice old homes and by Maxwell AFB. Ok, so there was a bit of a run-down section also.
The museum is on Commerce St. right in downtown Montgomery. We found a parking place nearby that did not have a meter. Probably was a fluke, but we will take it; and we did.
The museum is small. The main attraction is the restored cadillac where Hank Williams died.
Most of what is in there is on loan or given by his son, Hank, Jr.
Hank is a native son of Montgomery and they are quite proud of him. His funeral was held in the city hall and there were thousands standing outside.
Hank got his start in Montgomery - or Louisana Hayride - or WSM - or Knoxville - or Nashville and I think there were some others; but mostly it depends on who you ask.
There are several suits from his wardrobe, guitars and lots and lots of pictures. Not a bad little museum, but I am glad we didn't pay a lot to get in.
We actually did take about 1-1/2 hrs. to go thru plus seeing the video. Afterwards we drove around downtown some and scoped out the places we would like to see during the rest of the week.
God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment