Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poor Puppy

Last post I told you about going to CCAFS/KSC. I forgot to tell you that the rockets that are sent up. The metal skins are thinner than a tin can. In fact, they are so thin that if the rocket is not pressurized when they stand it upright it would simply collapse into itself. You would wind up with a heap of metal and lots of unusable electronic gadgets. Weird.
Anyway, about the puppy. We had left traveling dog in the back yard at Sheila's and when we got home we let him in with us in the patio/pool enclosure. The pool is covered with a plastic tarp that just lays on the water. (You see where this is going, don't you).
Well, TD and the 2 little dogs were just playing around under our feet and having a good time. Then they got a little more ambitious and started running around the patio. Little dogs at 5 and 8 pounds can turn a lot quicker and easier than an 85 pound dog (duh). Yep, they got close to the pool with TD chasing them, turned quickly and TD went in the pool. He was so surprised. I am not sure he had even realized there was water there. Well, he could step on the tarp, but then it would collapse under him so he didn't know if he could walk or swim. Sheila and I jumped up and started talking to him to calm him down. We were both concerned that he would wrap himself in the tarp before we could get him to the side. We actually got him out by pulling on the tarp and getting him to the side that way, because he just wasn't going anywhere on his own.
I really don't think he was ever really scared, just totally confused since things weren't working right. I rushed him out to the back yard and went to get traveling man, who took him for a walk. That was our big moment of excitement. Sorry no pics.
God Bless

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Altho I wish there were pics, your writing is quite descriptive and I have a nice little image in my mind. He's such a chill dog...