TM has seen his mom just about every day, I go with him part of the time. She seems to be doing ok. Apryl found her a dog since the other one died. Hazy is about 6 yrs old and well trained. She wasn't there 24 hours before you would have thought she had always been there. She barks to alert mom when someone comes to the house. She has a pretty ferocious bark, so I think she will be a good deterent.
We went to Rogersville, TN to visit with my relatives, Bill, Jean, Monte and Joan. Had a great time. Dinner was ribs and they were sooo good! I spent some time going over some of the geneology stuff I have. I am getting closer! I think I have found a connection to Davy Crockett, but have to do a little more research. Bill and Jean, who are around 90 yrs. old, are looking really good. Pretty much just the normal "getting older" stuff. (Note I didn't say old age, I know better.)
We took a trip to Greeneville, TN to see TM's relatives, but didn't make it all the way around. We met Uncle Jack and Aunt Sarah for lunch at Ma & Pa's. When we walked in there sat cousins June and Carol, so naturally we spent much longer over lunch than we had thought. It was really great to see them as it had been quite some time. However that meant we didn't have time to run by the iron works to see Uncle Willis and Aunt Barbara and Lisa. Really missed seeing them, but time gets away.
I should have TM take a pic of my arm. I went to give platelets on Tues. and something went wrong and now my arm is one big bruise. Never had anything quite like it. I din't get to finish giving, but got my t-shirt anyway!

It has been great seeing so many folks and catching up. My knee has done fine, altho going down stairs is still a bit of a challenge - i.e. I am slow.
Headed out for a lunch with friends today. It will be bittersweet at Laurel tomorrow. It remains hard to leave dear friends.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment