Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday

Ok, so there was a huge party at New College. I don't know how late it lasted, but we were told not to expect to hear from the girls until 2p. Ah, youth!
After a good night's sleep (no party for us) TM and I took the scooter and headed for Osprey, FL and the Tervis Tumbler outlet. Neat place and we did buy a couple of things. Then we made our way back to Bradenton via downtown Sarasota.Found out later we were about 1 block off - which was probably a good thing - as the big Saturday market was in historic downtown. Oh, well I am sure we were better off.
We got back to Bradenton just in time for Sheila to call and tell us where to meet for lunch. Actually TM had plenty of time to walk TD before we abandoned the poor puppy again We headed to downtown Sarasota again and when we got there is when we found out about the market. As it turned out the restaurant and market were closing. Sheila called to tell us to go the St. Armand's and the Columbia restaurant. Luckily, we had not even found a parking place, so it was a matter of finding the right road. We did a pretty fair job and even found a parking place in front of the restaurant. We even beat Sheila and Michael. The girls were already there in the process of getting a table for 9. I had been to Columbia before and knew they have good Cuban sandwiches, now I know they also have good black bean soup. We had a fun waiter who put up with us nicely. I mean waiting on 9 people talking non-stop has to be a challenge. Afterwards, everyone split because of errands to run, etc. Sheila had to get up by 6a on Sunday in order to get to Orlando airport to catch her plane to Denver.
Sunday, TM and I went to church in Bradenton. The congregation was quite small, I think there was 25 of us there; but like so many places in FL, they have much bigger numbers when the snowbirds are in. We spent the rest of the day doing laundry and getting things ready for Monday's move. Also got in a little nap time, which caused us to miss evening services.
That's about it for now. God Bless

No comments: