Thursday, May 10, 2007

Not Traveling

I know it is fuzzy, but catch this bird feeder!
It has been a fairly busy week.
Monday, I had 2 appointments at UT Med Center. The fun one was the mammogram - doesn't anyone who has ever had one agree with that? Really tho, it is so much better than it used to be. With the new equipment they don't mash you until you cry or squeal. Also they have cookies for you - chocolate chip cookies! See, we never grow up.
Then I went to the rhematologist so they could check my knee after I had the shots in January. That is going fine. No more constant pain. However, the other knee has a "baker's cyst" and that has been causing me pain when I try and straighten it. So I got a shot.
Well, I needed more reward after this, so I met Brenda for lunch.
Tuesday i was supposed to work, but Glyn called at 8:30 to say he had been called out of town so I didn't need to go in. Break my heart.
Wednesday was pretty normal. Lunch with Brenda, afternoon at ETCH Gift Shop, evening at Bible study. Pretty good class even tho our numbers are down right now. It was good to have our Korean friend, Eugene, in class with us.
I did work this morning. Got quick instructions from Glyn and Lynda and was left on my own. I think I got everything complete before Don called and I went with him to the financial advisor.
Somewhere along this week Nick caught a claw in the rug and ripped it. He has been in pain and been restless and clingy. Finally he went to the vet today and they had to sedate him and cut the claw (and his other "talons"). Suppose we have been remiss in keeping the trimmed? He is home and still sleepy, but feeling oh, so much better.
that about does it. Guess we will be getting ready for our trip. Poor Nick will be nervous again. he doesn't like things disrupted. But he will be happy at Grandmother's.
Love and God Bless


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a busy week for you! I'm glad Nick is better. Very clever bird feeder. Thanks for the picture. Love to all.......