This past week is gone and I don't know where. What happened to it? More of the same, I guess.
July 4th was a quiet one for us. About 4:30 we went to the church building for the celebration being held there. There was a good turnout. I actually did the cake walk once. No, of course I didn't win one. But it was fun anyway. The food was good. I was sitting with our friends Rachael and Mark and other folks. Rachael said she had bought the coconut cake for the walk because it just looked so good. Yep, I said, I was hoping to win that one for the same reason. Mark went over to the lady who won the cake as she was slicing it and got us all a piece. Isn't he good? And it was a yummy cake. We also had a good devotional that evening.
Thursday, I worked. Friday, I was at the gift shop. Don't ask me what Don was doing, but he stays busy between all our stuff and his mom.
Friday, Melanie and WT (the niece who married in April) came down for a short visit. Mrs. Chandler was so glad to have them come - as were the rest of us. We went over Friday night and had dinner and visiting time. We talked a lot and Melanie told us about their wonderful honeymoon cruise. We also spent some time with them on Sunday afternoon. Apryl got to come over on Sunday also. It was great to see them and I hope they will be regular visitors. We never got around to seeing the wedding DVD, so they have to come back and bring that!
We are trying to get all our "stuff" together for our (hopefully) upcoming garage sale. It is pretty slow going. I think it is our stamina that has already flown the coop! It is also hot work. But I'm not complaining as Don is doing all the outside work,where it is even hotter. Yesterday, I was mostly taking pictures off the walls so that Don could scan them in and i could pack them away. Also did sorting of the things I have been putting in the living room floor so that I could get an idea of what was really there to sell.
Then last night I made coconut pies for Apryl's office. I don't know what I did wrong, but they turned out kind of dry. They were good, but not nearly as good as I have done. I also made Don (and me) a lemon pie as a reward for working so hard in the heat. We delivered Apryl's pies this morning. I hope they were edible.
Today, we have been doing things off and on. Tonight we are going to dinner with our friends Al and Joann and Liz and Tim. Looking forward to a good time. This was kind of a last minute thing, but, hey, we are flexible.
Poor Nick is having a time with all the chaos around the house now. He tries not to get too far away from at least one of us. He may not be sure what is going on, but he sure knows to keep us reminded that he is here.
Well, that is all my poor brain can think of right now. As always if I remember something "important" to somebody, I will write it here.
(((Hugs)))
2 comments:
The pie received RAVE reviews...as always. It was much appreciated.
You did not mention the lemon pie either of the times that I was at your house Saturday...were you afraid that I would eat all of the meringue?
The pies sound good to me. We just got back from a three day weekend to Panama City, Florida to visit Tom's family and stopped on the way back at our favorite place in Mobile, Alabama out in the middle of the bay - Felix's Fish Camp, which has wonderful food and great service.
Tom got some lemon ice box pie for dessert that was terrific and lucky for me, he shared it with me, bless his heart. He's so good to me!
Cheers & Blessings to you today! Dee
Post a Comment