Monday, June 15, 2009

What a gathering!

Our week in Diana, TN for the Diana Singing was terrific. The campground was pretty crowded, but they had a spot for us. A couple of days later, they were making spots. We shared electric and water with another trailer. We needed the a/c, but had no trouble with the power.
It was so good to see friends we had made at the Sept singing and to make new friends.
Tom Holland had a gospel meeting that week and it was super. Wish so many other people could have heard what he had to say. However, if there had been many more people, we would have to move out of the church building. As it was we brought in extra pews and chairs. Singing those nights was good too!
It was good to see our friends Doug and Glo, on Friday. I hope they were glad they came. They seemed to enjoy their time.
There were 4,000 to 5,000 for the Friday night singing. Probably the biggest crowd they have ever had. Many people were there because of it being the 40th anniversary. The state senator from Giles County came with a resolution signed by the governor congratulating the Diana Singing.
There were some great song leaders there. Each so enthusiastic and glad to be there. (One of the wonderful things is that even I would seem like an accomplished leader by the second verse, what singing! TM)
There were probably 2,000 for the Saturday night singing, but then the crowd is always smaller on Sat. I worked in the gift shop for the first 1-1/2 hrs and then joined the singing.
As many of you know, I did not get tuned at birth and still am not. Also, keys are for opening locks. But, boy, did I love attempting to sing all the songs.
Sunday afternoon a couple came over to look at our trailer. They are thinking of buying either a 5th wheel or a motor home, so wanted to get a real feel for the size, etc. Well, talking with her, I found out that she had worked at Harding Academy in Memphis with my cousin! What a small world it seems to be sometimes. Wish I had met them sooner and had more time to talk. Maybe in Sept.
The man in the tent saw the singing on the wed and drove in from Washington state, and really enjoyed it.








This picture is from Sunday morning, many had left to attend services at their home congregation.
Monday morning, we packed up and moved on. When we left there were about 3 trailers still there and they were all packing up to leave. Quite a difference from 78 trailers on Friday!
The next Diana Singing is Sept. 11 & 12, 2009. You all come!!!
God Bless

1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

Glad y'all had such a wonderful time and crowd! I bet the singing was awesome :) I didn't get tuned either :) I do love attempting to sing. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon. The girls love their new necklaces.