Wednesday, August 24, 2011

dinner with friends

We had such a delightful time with Ron and Anne Thomas yesterday! She made soup and bread! Oh, yum, I love homemade bread! And I need to find out the spices she used in that soup, so good. Anne, if you read this then you know to send me your recipe!
It was great to catch up on all each others "doings" since our time in Guam. I probably talked too much, but then I tend to do that. It was great and well worth the drive over there.
Tomorrow we leave Litchfield for Knoxville. Not the way we planned it, but we need to get there. Traveling Man's mother is in the hospital there. She had been having some problems at home, so when his sister took her to the doctor they put Mom into the hospital to run test. Also she was somewhat dehydrated.
We will drive to Paducah, KY, stop for the night and then on to Knox. Our route will be pretty much all interstate, so should be fairly easy driving (I hope).
We will miss our trip to Memphis and seeing the relatives there, but they do understand. Hopefully we will get to Memphis before we go to Florida.
That is my quick update for now. Will let you know more about his mom when we know more.
God Bless

No comments: