Wednesday, August 10, 2011

R.I.P.T.D.

How quickly things change. By Monday evening TD had started downhill. I heard him crying that evening. He wasn't asleep, just hurting. Bless his heart as quick as he realized I was on to him, he quit. That night and Tuesday, we watched him struggle to breathe. The mass was pressing on his lungs. And he had slowed way down on walks. Today, rather than us trying to keep up with him, he was barely keeping up with us. He was just so tired, it was obvious he was in pain.
At 4 pm we took him to the wonderful vet here in Marquette and put him to rest and out of pain. He was so tired that he just laid on his pillow while we waited for the vet to come in. He barely raised his head as the vet talked to me. All went well and we are sure we did the right thing. Traveling was just going to be too hard on him.
So one of the sweetest dogs ever is gone. We were privileged to have had him for 13 years. To know him was to love him.
God Bless

2 comments:

Mike said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Have a safe journey.

Cindy said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet dog. That is never easy, but I'm glad you're at peace with your decision and that TD is out of pain. :)