April 21 - 22:
We left Spotsylvania, but did not have time to go to The Wilderness. Save that for another day. On our way back we stopped at the Old Salem Church. There was also a battle there, just moments from our motel. Since the motel wasn't there in 1864, the church was used as a hospital. I wish we could have gone inside, but it was not open. Don did get some pictures thru the windows. Then we were done from the day. it was a good day and we were tired. After dinner at a quaint little place next to the hotel. (Waffle House), we just went to the room and rested before going to bed. (Don't you ever do that?)
Monday morning early, but still not dawn, we headed to Culpeper. There we met Leslie, Josh and Mrs Chandler. After we loaded up 2 of the 3, we headed to Blacksburg. After getting the greetings and some conversation over, Josh was asleep. Ok by me, that way I could sleep a little also. In fact, I read, did crossword puzzles, and napped the whole way home.
We took Josh to his apartment in Blacksburg, which sent us thru the Virginia Tech campus. It is a beautiful campus. This was the first day back at classes and the campus was still kind of quiet. There was still plenty of media there. They pretty much filled up the area around the admin offices. Turn it loose fellas, it is over. Allow people to recover and live again. End of soapbox.
That's about it folks. We got home all safe and sound and the dogs were glad to come home. They are well treated at the kennel, but they like home and their pet humans.
Love to all, Don & Pat
1 comment:
I just got caught up on your latest posts on your trip and it is quite enjoyable. I lived in Virginia in the Washington, D. C. suburbs for about 6 1/2 years a good many years ago and loved going to all of the places you talk about to the scenes of Civil War battles to see where history happened.
In Virginia there is a rich historical ambiance from the very beginning of this nation and it is much fun to go see.
In fact, I'm leaving early Monday morning to fly to Winchester, VA, out west of D. C. in the Shenandoahs to visit my older son and part of his family. His wife and the two girls will be gone on a trip, but he and the two boys, Tiarnan, 4 1/2, Brendan, 2 1/2, will be there to visit with and I hope we can go to some of the historic battle fields and places while I'm there.
Please pray for me that I have a safe and uneventful trip. I need that!
Thanks!
Cheers & Blessings to you all today! Dee
Post a Comment