Saturday, July 18, 2009

Old MacDonald and the tram


Right outside our campground was a "petting zoo", Old MacDonald's Farm. TM grew up on a farm so you might wonder why he wanted to go. Well, so do I. But we went. It was pretty neat. The pigmy goats were just all over the place. There was a fence to keep them in their lot - Ha! lot of good it did. Get close to the food dispenser and they were all over you. Those babies are cute little things. But the best part was seeing all the children enjoying it so much. One little boy was so cute. He had the food in his hand but was not allowing any goat to eat out of his hand, he threw the food into the pen. He was quite adamant about it too. Made me think of when we had Michelle at the Omaha Zoo. She must have been around 18 months old. Michael took her into the petting zoo. He gave her some popcorn to feed the goat. Excuse me, that was HER popcorn and nothing else was going to eat it! That hand was over her head, around her back and anywhere else to keep it away from those goats.

(By the way Michelle's LSAT scores were in the top 15%.)

We went and watched the pigs race. What fun. I didn't realize pigs could be so fast. But then cherry kool-aid is a big draw for them. When we went by the llamas, one of them was laying in the sun just totally relaxed. I don't think I have seen one all stretched out like that. It moved it's head to look at us - didn't lift the head, just moved it. I guess we just were not interesting enough. I guess we spent about 2 hrs. there just wandering around.

Later in the afternoon, we went into Keystone and rode the tram up the mountain for a view of Rushmore. There were nice gardens up there and the flowers were beautiful. We wandered around taking photos, talking to people and generally enjoying the peace and beauty. Then the fun part came. We took the Alpine Slide down the mountain. What a rush! Even tho we had never been on one, we took the slide for experienced people - supposed to be tighter curves. TM thought sure I would be hitting my brakes and he would catch up with me. Not so! I slowed a couple of times and maybe braked once. I am telling you, it was so fun. Made you want to go do it all over again - but we didn't.

Since it was nearly 7p we stopped at a local restaurant for supper. MMM, good homestyle food and sundaes to finish up with.

All in all, a very good day.

God Bless

No comments: