Thursday, January 13, 2011

Knee scheduled

for replacement surgery Jan. 31. Finally the surgeon got all they needed to clear me. Got a call Tuesday giving me date. Then another call 2 hrs later giving me more details, e.g. pre-op appt. She asked if I wanted to donate my own blood in case I should have lots of blood loss. TM and I had discussed this and I told her yes. She said she would write the order and fax it to the blood center in Winter Haven, and that I should do it this week. Twenty minutes later I had a call from the blood bank. She wanted to schedule me for the 19th. When I told her I had been told to do it this week, she mumbled something about 10 days prior to surgery being good enough. I told her again it needed to be this week. She scheduled me for 11a on Thursday. Which worked out fine since I had to see the audiologist at 10a.
TM went on Wed. to his surgeon and got his stitches out. Everything looks good. They wrote him an order for therapy, but said it was up to him if he wants to go. If TM feels that he is doing good on his own, have at it. He is steady working on it.
Today, I went to the blood bank and did fine. Until about 3:30p when I took the bandage off and started bleeding pretty good. Got some gauze and tape on it now. Have a really nice bruise, but not as nice as some I have had.
Since I haven't mentioned him lately, Traveling Dog is doing just fine. He generally get TM up between 6:30a & 7:30a. Sometimes on Saturday, he sleeps til after 8a. But then so do we.
God Bless

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Glad Don is going well...we will pray that everything continues to heal nicely. Also we will be praying for you on your surgery date....praying all goes well and you heal nicely.

glo said...

You are gonna do just great, Pat...I know, cuz I already talked to you afte your surgery. God bless you daily!