Monday, January 17, 2011

New Week

That started with a beautiful, relaxing Sunday. Nathan preached and did a great job. I really enjoy his enthusiasm. There was a baby shower for his wife, but I was not able to go. After breakfast at Shack's with friends, we came home and relaxed some. TM decided he needed to drain the black water tank, so I did a load of laundry and hung it out. That is how nice the day was, laundry was dry by 5p.
Sunday evening Randy Judd spoke. He is a missionary in Malawi Africa. His dad was a missionary and took the family over when Randy was 9 yrs. old. Now Randy has taken over the work as his dad has Alzheimers. What a wonderful report of the work there. The Church is really growing and people are anxious to hear God's Word.
Today (Monday) we were all up early so we could be in Lakeland by 9a. Time again for the Florida School of Preaching Annual Lectureship. Yes, Nick goes with us. Of course he stays in the car until one of us comes to walk him. Today it was raining, so at least once he would not get out. He is such a good boy.
Most of the speakers today were quite interesting. The theme is "Do You Understand the Biblical Value of Women?" Studying the role of the women in Christ's lineage plus the misconceptions of "being in subjection".
The lunch today was spagetti and meatballs. I only mention that because I have been wanting that for about a week and this was really good. Satisfied my craving.
Love God and love yourself. God bless.

1 comment:

Hope said...

Thank you for your comments;-) Pat! That makes me feel better.