We finally made it to the campground; which really is on the edge of the battlefield. After some confusion over our reservations, we settled into a full hook-up site-Yea!
Thursday, we went shopping at the outlet mall. New outfits from BonWorth-woo-hoo.
We found a nice place for a leisurely lunch and then headed downtown. We had made an appt. for Mrs. C. to get her hair done. Since the map said it was on West High St., we like to never found it. You guessed it - it was on East High St. We did find it and got her settled in. TM and I then walked around reading all the history plaques and looking at the bullet holes. I actually walked past the library store where they were selling used books and didn't stop. Boy, that was hard. By the time we got back to the shop, she was just finishing up-pretty good timing. So it was close to 5p before we got home and vegged.
On Friday, another beautiful day, TM and I went to visit the Eisenhower Farm. You go to the park visitor center and take a bus to the farm as no private vehicles are allowed on the property. We had a very nice guide who told us much about the place. The house is still furnished with 97% of the Eisenhower's things, just as they had it. Very 50's, very cool. Mamie had very definite ideas of what she wanted and how she wanted it. She loved pink and her bath is completely pink. I mean completely, sink, tub, toilet, tile, the works. After we toured the house, we went out to the barns and saw some of the prize angus cattle.
Mamie did have one idea that I kind of like, but don't think I'll ever get away with. She thought that after age 50, a woman was entiled to stay in bed until noon. She did excatly that when she could, the caveat is she was working - correspondence mostly.
We then had lunch at the same place we had been the day before.
Now Saturday is the most exciting day yet, so keep reading. It rained, it poured, it thundered and there was lightning. I stayed in bed late - but, alas, not until noon. In the afternoon, TM and I went to the grocery store. We bought a bunch of good stuff and spent about $55. See, I told you to keep reading. It was exciting for us though when granddaughter, Michelle, called. She is such a busy college gal, that she doesn't often have time to talk. We enjoyed that conversation. Her summer job is in Fishkill, NY. We go thru Fishkill on Saturday, June 7. She gets there Monday, June 16. Oh, well, it would have been fun.
More later.
God Bless
1 comment:
Bed until noon? That's the life. Of course, most of us are going to still be working at age 50...and not just correspondence.
Glad that you got to see the bullet holes!
Post a Comment