

Here we are among the Maine-iacs, at beautiful Wells Beach/Moody Beach. The 2 are practically one. It appears to be a very popular vacation spot. I can pretty much see why. The weather has been wonderful, just the right temp. True, we have had rain every day, but at least not all day. This campground has large lots and our neighbors are very nice. They have a sweet doggie named Molly.
We drove to the beach around 11a on Saturday and it was very busy, despite the fact that it was so foggy you could see less than a mile and the water temp was 6o degrees. B-r-r-r. The waves were pretty high so there were people out with their surfboards. TM did get some photos.
OK, on the way here from MA., we passed thru Quincy, MA. Actually, it was sort of one little corner, but I can now say I have been there! You know about Quincy, right? Home of John Adams and John Quincy Adams, our first father/son presidents.
I think TM said our trek thru NH on the way here was about 7 miles. But we are going back. We need to go to Dover to Walgreens and that gives us a little more of NH to see.
We drove to Biddeford, ME on Sunday for services. An oh-so-friendly congregation. When we got out of the truck there was a lady right there saying "Oh, we have company!" Her 2 yr old grandson was with her and he also shook hands with us. Bible class and the sermon dealt with the week of the crucifixion, most especially how Christ's human body must have suffered after all the beatings, crown of thorns, etc. His biggest point was "let us not de-humanize Christ", He felt all the pain, agony and emotional termoil we can imagine.
Between class and services, one of the preacher's sons spent some time talking with us. Quick as he said he was an aeronautical engineering student at Clarkson, he and TM were talking stuff that left me snoozing. Luckily, a woman came up and started talking to me.
All is quiet and we are all well.
God Bless
1 comment:
Looks delightful! I hope that we get to see a pic of Molly (I'm a sucker for the pups).
Congrats on making it to Quincy!!
Post a Comment